Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The Beginning of a Blog Series

This entry begins a series of journal entries that I call 3G (Give God the Glory). My old self was graciously interrupted, put to death and through Christ I have a new life. In Christ I still wage war with my flesh, the world and the Enemy. My naturally revolting flesh has tendencies to leave me discouraged, anxious and stagnant at times. I find myself in these moments relating with the Israelites. The Scriptures present numerous occasions when the Israelites "forgot his works and the wonders that he had shown them (Ps 78:11)." When I neglect to preach the gospel to myself and remind myself of God's work in my life are the occasions that I find myself "fainting in the day of adversity, [and my] strength is small." These journals of reflection remind me of where my hope and strength lies. As I write, I pray that you do not see a glorified Kristin, but rather the glorified God that I submit to and serve. It gladdens my heart to also remember that the Lord provided the relationships I have had and have with each of you during their respective seasons. I have been blessed beyond what I deserve and because of this I GIVE my Sovereign GOD the GLORY...To Be Continued...

5 comments:

Todd and Bonnie Huckabee said...

thanks for sharing!! Miss you girl. .we need to catch up! HOpe your trip to Florida was fun and restful. .

blessings,
bonnie

OhK-Booth said...

Bonnie,
I can't wait to hear about your trip. I will try to call you soon. I still think about you tons. Miss you too. I will be home August 1-9thish for Kasey Dyer's wedding. We will have to get together.

Books and Eats said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Books and Eats said...

I will be having baby boy Nichols at 7:30 Aug 6th in Odessa, TX it would have been Great to see you. Thanks for the reminder that we serve a Holy Sovereign God...

Amber

OhK-Booth said...

I can't wait to see picure of the new bundle!!! How are you guys? I have been thinking about ya'll lately.