I started classes last Monday and in 1 and 1/2 weeks I have read about three and 1/2 books along with some other small readings. I am learning so much about the Holy Spirit in my Systematic Theology class. It has been so neat to see us as Christians as annointed ones that through the Holy Spirit we are equipped with wisdom and power. In my Spiritual Disciplines class we have started accountability and have been learning the discipline of journaling. There is something to be said about the spiritual evaluation and legacy that can be left behind when a pen hits the paper. In my Biblical Counseling class I am reading "Seeing With New Eyes" and truly my eyes have been opened to ministering to souls as well as examining my own life. I highly recommend this book. I will also be doing a Sanctification Project in that class. Basically I will be counseling myself through the area of contentment throughout the semester and in the end I will have the tools to be able to counsel someone else through the areas of contentment. Though it will not be easy to combat this area of sin, I look forward to the end result...sanctification. I was able to attend my Shepherd Group today and sat once again under the care and direction of Dr. Stuart Scott along with 4 other guys. We will meet monthly throughout the semester and I look forward to continue to place myself under such wisdom and counsel. Finally I have been learning how to write "Southern" style in my Written Communications class. There is no MLA format here...no sir. At chapel this Thursday, Dr. Moore taught on the Doctrines of Election. Everyone needs to listen to this sermon. He speaks through the authority of the scriptures and urges and encourages the church. You can listen to it here. I have been blessed every Monday with his teaching and look forward to the rest of the semester.
It is still weird to say that this place is my home, yet the Lord has been gracious in making it feel that way. I praise him daily for the people and the classes he has placed in my life. I am also very thankful for my job. I started as a nanny this week with August (5) and Charley (3). We have already had a picnic, bike rides and fun at Cherokee park and I look forward to time at the zoo, museums, library, etc... I have been to three churches and have enjoyed them all which makes me think that I have a hard decision ahead. Which leads me to my prayer requests:
2. A Church Home and discernment
3. Studies- that I may no only retain the information and write the papers well, but that I would be more concerned with being sanctified in the midst.
4. My dad- He is in California with my grandparents and aunt. My grandfather had a stroke this summer and they have been struggling through some short term and now long term memory loss. Pray for peace, patience and joy in the midst.
5. My Cousin Blake- He found out today that there is a mass on his spine in between V4&5. On September 11th they will take out the mass and biopsy it for cancer. Pray for him, his wife Kel, his son Brandon and his baby Ryan (Mr. Baby). May the Lord grant peace and healing.
6. My computer is not working for some reason, which could pose a problem since I need to write three papers in the next two weeks. I am going to the IT department at the school tomorrow to see if there is something we can do.