Friday, August 15, 2008

I am a Kentuckian?!?

It's true and not only do I have to preach the gospel to myself daily, but I also have to remind myself that I live and reside in Kentucky. The first few days were rough to be honest. The Lord was gracious to provide my dad and great helpers to move me into my new home. In 24 hours I had the place together/unpacked and shortly after all picture were hung. My roommate called me a little Texas Tornado and below are the before and after pictures of our "Flip that Apartment" episode. I remember sitting on the couch across from my dad and hearing the first voice form home and bawling. It's true I am a girl and not only do I have that against me but I am a girl who has never moved her entire life. I looked at my furniture in this unfamiliar place and said, "the people that I picture sitting on this furniture are in Texas and I already miss them terribly."
Well...graciously, the Lord has provided incredible people here in Kentucky that not only have taken me under their care but they fit well in the furniture. The furniture was put to test when we had a little get together of about 14 of us and it was a joy to show hospitality and fellowship in my new home. I celebrated my birthday at a great Cuban Restaurant with fun friends and roomies. After resigning from Dorothy Sayers after two days of training, I now have a job as a nanny with the Rothpletz family. The boys are 3 and 5 and I am excited about the days ahead of us at the zoo and museums. Oh yeah...school starts Monday. I bought my book and in my bedroom picture you can see the stack of reading the Lord has blessed me with this semester on the floor next to the couch. I have been busy and have met some incredible people and am starting to think...I just may like this place. A fun weekend awaits me and I hope to update you soon with that. Thank you for your prayers, wisdom and support through this time of change and transition in my life. The Lord is so faithful to me and I am overwhelmed by his grace, mercy and provision. I should write a blog soon to glorify the Lord in His provision for school. Until then know He is a great provider. To God be the glory...
DINING ROOM BEFORE
DINING ROOM AFTER

LIVING ROOM BEFORELIVING ROOM AFTER BEDROOM BEFORE BEDROOM AFTER

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you are here!

OhK-Booth said...

Thanks Blake. It was great going to church with ya'll today.

Anonymous said...

Your apartment looks great! I am glad you made the transition, and we miss you too, but I know you will do so well there in Kentucky! I am so excited for you! Tell us all about the school!!

Love you!
Angela

Jay Scott said...

http://mnscott.blogspot.com/

if you want to keep up with Mere and me. Hope things are going great for you up there.

catherine shea politte said...

Kristin your apartment looks amazing!!! I'm so impressed with the difference you made! I am coming up there in October and I can't wait to see it in person!