Thursday, April 30, 2009

What a year!

I am sitting in this great coffee shop called Quills (on the list of favorite places in Louisville) and I am realizing that in one week I will be completing my first year at Southern Seminary and I cannot believe how quickly time has past. I have been through some rough times, and wonderful times. I have learned great things and small in comparison to what all I still have to learn. I have had times of plenty and want. And in summary I am completely and utterly blessed. The summer approaches and I plan on taking the materials from this semester and meditate on the truths that I have learned. I also am in process of joining Baxter Avenue Baptist Church. It has been a long journey finding the church that I will commune with and serve, so I am thrilled. I have three finals next week and then on Saturday I am leaving for a week long trip to Florida. You can click on this link to see where I will be. There are 5 of us girls who are headed to a time share in Daytona. The costs are minimal and the plan is to have great fun and be refreshed by the Word and fellowship.

It is derby season here in Louisville and I am experiencing a whole new culture. For some reason my camera will not upload pictures or else I would have included some. There is plenty to do around here during derby including the nations largest annual firework display (the one thing I have done), parades, parties, hats everywhere, celebrity sightings, balloon races, boat races and of course horse races...oh my...who could be bored?


I was interviewed twice last week and have been thinking about the testimony that the Lord has given me thus far. I really want to be able to blog more about the work that God has done and is doing in my life and I am wanting to do a series on here in giving the Lord the glory for what experiences he has given me and the journeys he has taken me on. I at least have good intentions. I am not sure many really read my blog anymore, but it might be good to remember or reflect where I have come from. For now, though, I must study in attempts to finish the semester strong. Grace and Peace until next time.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

what were you interviewed for? i am very excited about your trip to Florida. We'll talk again soon.

Cami said...

I still read your blog!!! When you post, that is ;)

Wow, 1 year....crazy! I am so glad that you have been "blessed" in your time there!! We certainly do miss you though!!!

love ya.....
Cam

p.s. thank you, thank you, for all of your encouraging and uplifting words ;)

OhK-Booth said...

Ryan- I had an interview with the Womens Auxilary for a scholarship and also was interviewed for church membership. And yes, I am thrilled about Florida!

Cam- I am sorry I don't post often. i am sure if I stewarded my time better I would be better at posting. I am going to try this summer though. And everything I said is the absolute truth...if you only knew.

Love ya friends!

Todd and Bonnie Huckabee said...

Keep writing. . .for both your friends and for you. . .it's very theraputic. . .love you friend and take this hug via the internet airwaves. . .

blessings,
bonnie

Books and Eats said...

Hey Kristen,

Tamara is needing your mailing address.. I was wondering if you could send it to me at chance_nichols@hotmail.com

Thanks,
Amber