Thursday, February 19, 2009

Car blah


A few weeks ago my car was acting up and the Lord was gracious to provide a trustworthy mechanic to do a tune up and change my spark plugs for a very reasonable price. Soon after my car started having problems again, so once again I took my car and this time the news was a little bit harder to swallow. He initially thought it was the fuel pump and replaced it, yet he never thought to look at the engine since I merely have 95,000 miles on my car. He found oil in the vacuum of the engine where this is not supposed to be any oil. The conclusion...my engine is entering a slow death. It seems the only way to fix this problem is to eventually rebuild the engine or...dundundun, get a new/used car. He felt like it will run for quite a while, but just not well. So, I am not opposed to prayer. More importantly...I ask that you pray for my cousin's mother-in-law who just found out that she has lymphoma and for the health of my dad. I rejoice in serving a good and gracious God. May I continue to trust in His good and faithful will.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so sorry. if i was able i'd hook you up with a new/used car. maybe with hydraulics. and a kicking sound system. with purple flames painted down the side.

OhK-Booth said...

That would be a kickin car! Thanks friend. When you become rich and famous I will remind you of this message. We need to see Baby Bump Pictures!!!

Jamie Butts said...

Sorry about your car! And I didn't make it to the gym Wednesday, but I can't remember why. :) I'd love to get together soon. Love you, friend!