Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Notice Me

Notice Me

Verse 1:

It's a path leading where

Your guess is as good as mine

And I have been here before

At this split in the road

And so I'm sitting here

Waiting and wondering which direction we will go

Oh, oh truly, only our God knows

Chorus:

And I'm standing right in fron of you

I'm standing right in fron of you

But I don't think you even notice me

The way I notice you

Verse 2:

And it's a mystery

A thought lingering in my head

Of a boy and girl loving life together

But I, I'm afraid of dreaming

Yeah I, I hesitate for hoping

Cause parting can be such sorrow

But will it even matter tomorrow

Chorus

Bridge:

And I've been here before

In uncertainty's room

Standing at the door

Waiting and trusting as His grace

It guards me and you

PreChorus:

I can hear my Lord saying

I can hear my Lord proclaiming

I can hear my Lord saying

I can hear my Lord proclaiming and saying

Last Chorus:

And I'm standing right in front of you

I'm standing right in front of you

And my grace, oh it holds you

So you can't lose

Cause in my grace

I have noticed you

I have noticed you

I have noticed you


It is very imortant that you read through these lyrics and see the beauty in it. I am so proud of my dearest friend and roomate that wrote this song at a time that all of us women and men find ourselves. In this quest for a mate we begin to daydream more than live out the day that the Lord has given us. Our hearts and minds wonder towards the other person in hopes that there could be something. Meanwhile, the Lord knows your wants and yet wants you to see...by His grace He has noticed us. Oh, that our hearts and minds could wrap themselves around this concept.

I have found myself in daydream mode recently and the Lord showed me a little something that I thought I would share with you. In Genesis 2:21 says,”So the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon man”, then again in Genesis 15:12, “A deep sleep fell on Abram.” In both cases the Lord is doing a great work. In the first case He brings woman to man and in the latter he is making a covenant with Abram. I both cases he puts man to sleep though. It then came to me that the Lord wanted to receive all the glory for His names sake. If man had something to do in either of these processes, then man could boast. Then I recalled a verse in Song of Solomon that says, “I adjure you, O daughters of Jerusalem, by the gazelles or the does of the field, that you not stir up or awaken love until it pleases.” It is my prayer that the Lord would put to sleep my desire to love a mate until that love be awakened. Meanwhile, I cling to the P31 woman, “Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.” May I fear the Lord and realize that by His grace He has noticed me.


1 comment:

catherine shea politte said...

Kristin,
That is absolutely beautiful and I'm sure a huge encouragement to singles out there. Every one I know struggles with this and you put it so beautifully with describing what the Lord has taught you through Genesis (LOVE IT) and SOS!! You are such a treasure!!!
Love you!
shea