Friday, November 07, 2008

"What just happened?"

I have to tell you that i had the oddest experience on campus today. My roomies boy friend is a music student at Southern and for one of his classes he has to teach personal voice lessons. Needless to say he talked me into being his voice student. Today was the final lesson that took place in front of his class. The beginning went well and I felt pretty comfortable. He had warned me that his prof's practices are crazy and she tends to touch people quite a bit. In the middle of the lesson she approached me and suddenly started prompting me, "Are you ready, ready! Go UT, ready to sing..." as she was touching me and then she went to the piano and told me to start singing...I did as she said and then she said, "ignore me" as she proceeded to stand up, grap my hand and frolic around the room pulling me along with her shouting, "Sing, Sing!" I looked at Brennan and he was horrified. There I was...running around the room behind this professor singing in front of the whole class. Oh, my! Thoughts? Comments? I am just trying to figure out...what just happened?

4 comments:

Cami said...

what in the world?!?!!? There was no explanation at all??? That's the last time i'd be volunteering for voice lessons ;) Anyhoo- yes the boys are getting too big! They are great, though..we are all great..just hanging on to faith during a tough/slow ministry season. January promises a definite pick up, so we are anxious for that!! Things are going well for you?

OhK-Booth said...

Yes they are. I am persevering to th end of the semester. I love what I am learning and yet it is alot. The things I have known, heard or practiced are now coming alive with the knowlege I am gaining here.
I will pray for your guys with the financial faith. I have no clue how my next semester will be paid for and am so thankful to recall your time of faith and provision that God has taken you through throughout the years. I will be home for Christmas. I can't wait to see you all!

Cara Arnold said...

That is so stinkin hilarious! I wish I could have been there for it!

Heather said...

Wow. If that were me I would have to classify it as the most embarrassing moment in my life. How did you get through it?