Monday, November 24, 2008

I have a blog?

Of course I know that I have a blog, yet the number of recent posts would prove otherwise. I do apologize to those of you who take thirty seconds to click on my blog only to realize that it is the same ol' same ol'.

School has been great and time consuming. I have written 8 small papers, 2 big research papers and 2 big projects since the last post. One of those research papers took me 23 hours total to complete. I have also continued the great amount of reading required for each course. I can say assuredly that I am thankful for the Lord's provision and plan of bringing me here. Although it can be overwhelming at times, since there are huge concepts being thrown at me in short periods of time, the nuggets of truth my mind can grasp have been ever so sweet. I am thankful for the Professors at Southern and for the Lord that has gifted each of them with such wisdom and knowledge to equip us all.

The Lord has been teaching me a lot about being faithful. There is so much to be said in that one little word. More than anything I am praying that the Lord would continue to grace me with faithfulness not only during my time here at Southern, but in all that I do. May I be a faithful daughter of the King first and foremost. In all that I do it should be for the glory of God and my enjoyment in Him. May I be a faithful friend that is willing to serve, love, rebuke, edify and be true to my word. May I be a faithful student, not only at Southern once again, yet in all my relationships. There are so many thing to learn rather it be from the kids I care for or my almost 90 year old grandmother. I could continue, but I must wrap this e-mail up to be faithful with my time. Haha.

I want to give thanks to the Lord for bringing me here and surrounding me with such incredible people. Though home and the relationships there will be hard to be so distant from at times, I can truly say that I love this place.

Future post to look forward to:
-The Texas Thanksgiving in Louisville
-Deck the Halls of the Eyrie
-Tis' the Season for Ugly Sweaters
I ask that you pray for me as I study for finals that will take place December 1st-5th. Pray that I would retain the material well, not merely for the test but for the glory of God for the years ahead of me.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Good to find you on a comment on Cami's blog!

catherine shea politte said...

What a great update Kristin!! I SO wish we could spend Thanksgiving with you guys. I know you're going to be an amazing hostess - I fully expect pictures of all the fun martha stewart things you do for everyone. I love you and miss you!!