Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Future Possibilities


It seems that I am consistently apologizing for the length of time in between composing blogs. I suppose there is alot to be said and yet I find little time to write it all out. So, what does my life look like you ask....
Work has been great this last month. i love the kids and daily find it a joy to serve them. The Lord continues to sanctify me in humility, patience, grace, love and numerous other attributes by working with these 11 handicapped kids. Many of you were able to work the Eldorado D-Now with me. It was such a blessing and honor to serve alongside such a solid team of leaders. While pouring out into the senior high girls, I was so blessed to be poured into by great teaching and fellowship with my dear friends who are attending Southern Seminary.
Speaking of Southern, as most of you know, I have submitted my application to Southern in hopes to attend in the fall in pursuit of a masters in biblical counseling. This has been a process that has taken place for well over 2 years. I can remember being a Juvenile Probation Officer printing out the biblical counseling degree plan. Mara Garza had just been under Dr. Scott at Master's when I heard that Dr. Scott moved to Southern. After talking to Mara and much prayer I printed out the application and allowed it to sit on my shelf at the BSM during the two years I served as the campus missionary. I could never bring myself to the place to throw it away. For over a year I laughed at Lakan out of nervousness as he continually encouraged me to go to seminary. The sin of unbelief towards the Lord's provision and fears of entering yet another chapter in my life single overwhelmed me. I received new yesterday that the application that was printed out almost three years ago was sent to the Admissions Board at Southern for review. It has been a long journey. In now way would i take one moment of it. My ministry at the BSM, the restoration in my family and plenty of experiences have grown me in wisdom and has refined me. Yet out of obedience and combating the unbelief in my life, I am excited about the possibilities ahead. I am leaving Spring Break for Louisville to visit dear friends, attend a personal campus visit and hopefully meet with people that can guide me through this process. Then I will road trip over to St. Louis to visit my dearest friends Amanda and Ronnie and their now 4 kids.
To be honest this can be a lonely walk at times. I have spent numerous nights at the lake with me and the Lord praying through things. I daily have to remind myself that the Lord is sovereign and his grace is sufficient for all my needs. I battle unbelief and pray for the times I lack in faith. My Abba Daddy has truly lavished his love upon me and in Him I will trust. Please continue to pray for me as I seek the Lord in the direction I should take. In the next blog I plan on sharing my autobiography that i had to write for the application. It was such a blessing to look back on my redemption, sanctification and the work in and through me throughout the last 6 years. To him receive the glory and honor forever.

"If I am prayerful, God makes me prayerful; if I have graces, they are God’s gifts to me; if I hold on in a consistent life, it is because he upholds me with his hand. I do nothing whatever towards my own preservation, except what God himself first does in me. Whatever I have, all my goodness is of the Lord alone. Wherein I sin, that is my own; but wherein I act rightly, that is of God, wholly and completely." - Charles Spurgeon

4 comments:

Unknown said...

We are excited about seeing how the Lord uses you, and looking forward to seeing you.

Jamie Butts said...

I love you!! We can't wait to see you! And I echo Blake... can't wait to see what God does in and through you!!

OhK-Booth said...

It is so refreshing to see an Acts body in Louisville. I pray that I can atleast head that direction to be a part of a healthy, solid church. Thank you for coming alongside me through this.

Eron said...

Boots,

Hey, great post. I admire your earnest seeking of the Lord in all that you do. I am humbled by your careful patience for His guidance and direction. That you bring everything to Him challenges me because so often I neglect that. I think that the Lord will grow your heart leaps and bounds here! I hope you don't mind sleeping on my office floor.

Peace.
Plev